Several months ago, someone sent me this incredible video of a commencement speech given at the University of Texas. I’m sure many of you have seen this as it went viral. Watch it again. Never seen it? Take 18:00 and get out a pen and paper. Two words: Game. Changer. No, it’s not gospel centered, but it will light a fire under you.
You want to change the world?
- Start by making your bed.
- Find someone to help you paddle.
- Measure a person by the size of their heart, not by the size of their flippers.
- Get over being a sugar cookie and keep moving forward.
- Don’t be afraid of the circuses.
- Sometimes you have to slide down the obstacles head first.
- If you hope to complete the swim, don’t back down from the sharks.
- Be your very best in the darkest moments.
- Start singing when you’re up to your neck in mud.
- Don’t ever ring the bell.